Find a trusted supplier for all your renovation needs
What does a general contractor do? The general contractor is responsible for the full process of a construction project by providing all of the material, labour, equipment, and services. The general contractors usually hire their own employees or specialized subcontractors to perform the construction work.
Referrals. Ask someone you know who has experienced with general contractor around for recommendations.
Internets. Search from an online database or official websites.
Find a general contractor on Renodo. Narrow down your search by type of suppliers. You may also look through photos of projects of a general contractor who have worked on a project similar to your case.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What are your needs?
- What are the services you expect the firm to perform for you?
- How much you intend to spend on construction?
- When do you expect to start and be finished with the project?
- How will the project be financed?
Questions to ask a general contractor:
- How long have you been in the business?
- How many projects like mine have you worked on?
- May I see examples of previous projects?
- What training and licensing do you have such as the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB)?
- Can you provide me with references?
- How much do you charge, and what does that include?
- Can you give me a written estimate?
- Do you offer a warranty?
- When can this job get done?
- What happens when the cost exceeds the budget?
- What about changes to materials or labour pricing?
- What will I need to provide?